Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top Five Problems Of The Year

What a year !! I had the privilege to climb in some great areas both home and abroad this year, the quality of problems was high, here's the cream of the crop in ascending order of beastliness ...

5.  Chillax Left 7A, Glendalough
Class roof climbing, power moves and heel hookery on the good granite of Glendo

4. Emerland 6c+, Doolin
Memorable, steep crimpy limestone tension moves beside the Atlantic ocean

3. 2.4 Pascal's 7b/+, Glendalough
Fingery, technical, deceptively steep, the hardest send of the year, classic Glendo problem

2. Techo Don Pepo 7A, Albarracin
Amazing horizontal roof, I had an absolute war on this Albarracin sandstone classic

and the winner is ?? ...

1. T-Rex 7B, Pfalz, Germany
Ahh ... the one that got away, I fell off at the last hard move :( Even though I fell off it was the most fun burn I had on a boulder all year, the craic was in the fight, immaculate moves. Steep, crimpy, knee bars, toe hooks, slopers, dynos, campussing and pinches it's got the lot, unreal problem on great German sandstone, I'll surely go back to do it one day in the future :)



No comments:

Post a Comment